Pages

Monday 27 January 2014

Scrapbook paper decor

I fell in love with this scrapbook paper when I saw it on amazon. It's the Papermania Vintage Notes 12x12 scrapbook paper. 

I loved that it had the perfect pastel shade paper that would go really well in DD's nursery. I'd seen this decor on Pinterest that I thought was so cute.


So I decided to change it a little to create my piece. I used a single bird instead of the two.  I decided to use a very neutral background paper so all the focus was on the bird. First I started by cutting out all the different parts and placing them on the paper as I wanted. 

I then stuck everything down using a glue stick and added details like the legs, tail and beak with a brown pen. For the eye I used a white circle that did hole punched from white paper and drew a closed eye on it very simply. 

I then placed it in a simple white frame ready to go onto the gallery for DD's room, I love it!

I'm thinking about painting the frame pink, what do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment