Pages

Thursday 23 January 2014

Personalised Plate decor

I have a real love for all things personalised! I really wanted to create a wall gallery for my DD's nursery, something similar to this:
Photo credit: http://asmallsnippet.com/2013/08/nursery-reveal.html 

I am still in the process of creating the different pieces and a few days ago had a go at a personalised plate for the
gallery. I started with a detailed white plate from ikea

I created a template for the letter I wanted, I just used paper but it would have been better with card. 
I found a font I liked online and traced it on the paper then cut out the middle, paced this on the plate and painted..


I then removed the template. Again the finish would have been sharper had I used card, but I'm happy.


I then added some sticker that matched the theme of the room to the plate. 


Have fun personalising plates, or anything else for that matter. 



No comments:

Post a Comment