Pages

Saturday 28 June 2014

Ramadan Preparation: Kids Gift Baskets

DS has turned five this year, I really wanted him to try to understand and be interested in learning about Ramadan and for this he needed to be excited by the arrival of this holy month. So while surfing on Pinterest I came across Ramadan gift baskets by Aminah at http://littlelifeofmine.com/2013/07/first-day-of-ramadan-gift-basket.html. She had come up with a fantastic concept of creating little gift baskets filled with Ramadan related and other activities to excite the children and give them something to do. Like Aminah I'd love to carry this tradition on so my children can look back on happy and excited memories that will remind them of this beautiful month. Here is my recreated basket:

I put in some Ramadan related activity books for him to be able to learn more. Both the workbooks were given as gifts by my sister. I also purchased the Ramadan Moon book written by Nai'mah Bint Robert, as it had such good reviews, and it truly is a special book that I can't wait to read with my son.


There were also other craft/activity items to keep him busy during times when I will be busy with prayers/Iftar etc. These included superhero activity books and some arty projects he'll love.


I then added a few extras like a cup and some PJ bottoms and also laid out his prayer mat in his room.

I intend to value every moment of this beautiful month and ensure that I also spend time teaching DS the importance of Ramadan.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment