Pages

Sunday 29 June 2014

Ramadan Preparation: Countdown Calendar

For a while now, I have been interested in making a countdown calendar for when Ramadan starts but really haven't known where to start. There have been a lot of ideas floating about but I just didn't know which one would work best. It would almost be like an advent calendar but I didn't want DS to just get a treat I wanted him to also have something to think about. After much research I decided that each day as well as a treat DS would have to complete a good deed! After visiting the local mosque recently I came across some fantastic child friendly good deed cards, so I went on a search to find them online and found them here http://ummabdulbasirscreativecorner.blogspot.com . 

I decided that I would put a good deed card and a treat in 30 mini envelopes and attach these to a string across the landing. Each evening DS can pick an envelope and we can discuss and think about the good deed he will have to do the next day. 


I sorted the good deed cards according to the difficulty level and put the mores difficult ones for the weekend and school holidays. Some of the treats put in we're sweets but I also put in little notes about things that he enjoys doing like: baking your favourite treat or spending time playing your favourite board game with mummy and daddy. 

The envelopes looked lovely across the landing and contain brilliant reminders of how more deeds can be earned during this Ramadan. I liked this idea as I can keep using the envelopes year after year and change up the cards as needed!



No comments:

Post a Comment