Pages

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Eczema Treatment for Baby: Aveeno moisturising cream

Recently DD who is almost 8 months came over with a red, angry rash all over her tummy, neck and back and seemed to be spreading. I used all the usual emollients like Vaseline and E45 with no luck. I was really worried so headed to the doctor. He diagnosed her with eczema and prescribed her a hydrocortisone cream and Aveeno. I was quite weary about using the hydrocortisone cream as it contains steroid and she is so small. But the Aveeno was something that looked promising.


I started using the Aveeno cream starightaway, and saw a difference within a day. The moisturising cream contains Collodial Oatmeal and is designed for sensitive and dry skin. I was so impressed with this cream as the difference was immense, see the pics below. After a chat with the doctor DD was also prescribed with the Aveeno bath oil which I am also currently using.  I will continue to use both these products and hope that the eczema doesn't reappear. 


These products worked fantastically for my DD but if you or your child do suffer from eczema be sure to talk to your doctor before using new products.


No comments:

Post a Comment