Pages

Friday 14 February 2014

A new hobby

Pinterset is such a bank of awesome ideas, and when I was surfing one day I came across some crochet projects that were just beautiful and I was suddenly inspired to learn. I really didn't know where to start, when researching I found that all that is needed is crochet hooks and some yarn so I went ahead and ordered these from ebay. I couldn't wait to start. 

YouTube is great for tutorials on anything you would like to learn, and there are many crochet tutorials out there from beginners to advanced. When I first watched one it went completely above my head and I didn't understand any of it. Then I came across a really easy to understand video by HappyBerry Crochet http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dQeq7Hci_qU, she has a very calm voice and repeats steps that are then very easy to follow. I really wanted to make flowers for headbands and this video was perfect. It took a couple of practice runs and there was a lot of undoing but finally I got there and I can't wait to make more and perfect my crochet flower skills before I move on. The possibilities are endless. 

I'm having so much fun with my new hobby. Do you crochet, or have another hobby?


No comments:

Post a Comment